InfraLeuna GmbH and the Leuna chemical site
In 2016, the chemical site will be celebrating its 100th anniversary, and InfraLeuna its twentieth anniversary. Leuna has developed into an attractive chemical site in the heart of Central Europe, so there is every good reason to celebrate these two events. The ground-breaking ceremony for the first chemical plant in Leuna was held in 1916 and since then, the name Leuna is inseparably linked with product and process developments of international renown.
Over 6 billion Euro have been invested at the site since 1990. Over 100 companies, including groups engaged internationally, e.g. ARKEMA, BASF, DOMO, Eastman, Innospec, Linde, TOTAL as well as numerous medium-sized companies, e.g. LEUNA-Harze and LEUNA-TENSIDE have opted for Leuna thus creating around 9000 jobs at this location.
Thanks to the on-site companies and the InfraLeuna, Leuna has again become what it once stood for - a synonym for progressive, reliable and effective chemical science and a place where ideas are born.
InfraLeuna GmbH is owner and operator of infrastructure facilities at the Leuna chemical site. The business activities of InfraLeuna are principally aimed at providing infrastructural services and supplies at attractive, internationally competitive prices.